Contribute to earn rewards
Vote for the Server
Show your support and help new players find us.
- Each voting website you vote at earns you a token, some earn you double.
- Spend your tokens in a game, just type /reward
Comment and suggest!
Help us improve and evolve, tell us what you think!
- Leave an honest comment on our external forums
- Posting on these sites helps new people find us.
- We reward VIP tokens for comments, you will receive them once we read your post.
Invite your friends!
Earn reward tokens for inviting your friends to The LihP Network.
- Join one of our Servers.
- Type /invite <player> Example: /invite notch
- When your friend joins, you and they will get reward tokens.
- Spend your tokens in a game, just type /reward
Help fund us!
The Network is build on many services, people and hardware.
- Make a donation to help us maintain the LihP Network.
- Please only make a large donation if you can afford it.
Help us moderate
We want to keep the servers free from hackers.
- Capture video evidence, check out this free recording software.
- Submit a report to our moderators, read this guide for help.
- Providing the evidence is good we will reward you 10 tokens.
Stream or make content about LihP for YouTube?
Earn ranks for helping others find the server.
We reward tokens for each Video, and when your stream recording or YouTube video reaches 1000+ views you will earn yourself VIP FOR LIFE.
Important: To help us find your video please include the server IP addresses in the description or video title.
Please contract me with a link to your recording if we have not left a comment after a week.
Also check out our recording software guide for some free recording/streaming software.
- Keywords and video title - Try to think what you would search if you where looking for a video, for example naming your video Dwarves vs Zombies is great but maybe also include the abbreviation (DvZ Server) at the end of the title. A good place to add keywords that will help others find your video is the description area, you could either write a paragraph that includes words like "Minecraft, server, Dwarf, zombie, PVP, etc.." or simply add a list of words that you feel describe your video.
- Comments - Get people talking, I have noticed some of the biggest YouTubers ask a question or attempt to do something they are unsure about. This leads to hundreds of people helping out with the answer in the comments which generates interest in your video.
- Share - Work with others to grow your channel, or go solo and get yourself new views from outside of YouTube like forums or other video related websites.
Build something for the Network?
If we use it you'll get VIP FOR LIFE!
Some overall guidelines for DvZ maps
- Always start with bedrock to prevent hiding and the path getting destroyed. This is really important, please decorate over the bedrock floors and walls and prevent creating areas where players can hide!
- Avoid designs that cause congestion and always create multiple paths/entrances.
- Avoid using title blocks like snow and use full snow blocks instead.
- Avoid connecting with the walls in our starting template so the build remains floating.
- Please ensure you provide an indestructible path like bedrock/obsidian stairs that are obstructed.
- No chests, furnaces or shared inventory blocks can be used, this includes item frames.
- No liquids can be used, unless it can be fully contained.
- Make a draft version, send us a layout version so you don't waste time.
- Alterations will need to be made, we will give feedback on each version you submit.
DVZ Final two Shrines area (Not suitable for our creative world plots)
The best designs give the Monsters an advantage by default. This means the Dwarves must alter the map to give themselves an advantage. We have plenty of floating island style end areas and our new focus are enclosed areas, for example castles or caves/mines.
- You have 120 blocks width/height and 360 blocks in length to play with.
- Design a way to slow monsters down at the start while the Dwarves build new defenses. It's important to build a path that is indestructible, so if for example if you make a wall for the mobs to climb with ladders, also have a blocked staircase that they can clear.
- The slow down points are designed to slow the monsters once, and when they have overcome this the next time they re-spawn the path is clear.
- Give a good distance between each shrine and plenty of slow down points for monsters to overcome and dwarves to repair.
- If you build a indoor map like a castle, please avoid giving only one path to the shrines.
MVD Map (Suitable for our creative world plots)
- Keep the map small, the original map size is 60 blocks width and length and 25 blocks tall.
- Don't worry about the lobby location, we will place that in the sky somewhere.
- Spawn locations need to be decided if you want to mark them, or we can add them.
- Areas of advantage need some element of risk, for example an area with more than 3 walls of protection needs several entrances so the monster cannot camp too easy.
- Keep the layout simple and open plan and try to make areas unique so players can describe places of the map.
- Avoid creating places where players can hide or climb to where the other team cannot reach.
- Ensure the players do not die from the environment or void except falling.
- The map needs to be enclosed, but once 1.8 comes out we can replace ugly walls with transparent blocks.
Free-For-All Arena PRIORITY (Not suitable for our creative world plots)
- Simple open plan layout that players will find it hard to hide or camp in and help them can find each other when few are online.
- As the players are not able to build or destroy, less care can be made with regards to bedrock.
- Try to keep it a medium size, often we will be kicking players to this arena after a DvZ game so the arena needs to scale well for 5-50 players.
- Avoid using to many transparent blocks, like stairs, leaves, webs etc as this can cause client lag for some players.
Hub/Lobby for MvM, MvD and Orc Attack PRIORITY (Suitable for our creative world plots)
- The theme is up to you, but it would be nice if it related to the game or menu icon.
- Avoid making it a fun place, we want the player to join the game not play in the lobby.
- Keep it small, it will be easier to build and less likely the player will spend time exploring.
- The design doesn't have to be symmetrical and can include game tips or informaiton.
- Build a skeleton structure using bedrock //cyl 7 7 and //sphere 7 4. To cover the terrain floor select an area and then //overlay with a decorative layer of blocks.
- To decorate walls try using the /brush command with a /mask. Example: /brush cyl 1 1 and /mask 7 will replace the outside of your bedrock with stone. WorldEdit Referance
The Dwaven Teleport tool will work on the following blocks: 1,2,3,4,5,12,13,20,22,24,30,31,40,43,44,45,48,49,50,70,85,91,92,97,98,101,106,109,112,116,120
Etho gives some good tips to layout, the best part of a map is LAYOUT, not detail and looks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ8mtVU0br8#t=445
Get a DvZ starting template
Submit your build
Upload your map or schematic to mediafire or google drive or dropbox or planetminecraft and contact me with a link.